Becoming a Cornerstone Member
Not yet a Cornerstone member?
- Schedule an appointment(Opens in a new Window)(Opens in a new Window)(Opens in a new Window) at your nearest branch location.
- Contact us at 800-777-6728
- Have questions before you jump in? That's ok! Contact us and we'll be happy to chat with you about your financial goals.
Credit Union 101
- Unlike banks, credit unions are not-for-profit institutions that exist to serve their members (you), not to make money.
- Credit unions are owned and controlled by their members. Our board of directors is elected by our members - you get to vote.
- Profits made by credit unions are returned to our members in the form of reduced fees, lower rates on loans and higher rates on savings.
- Membership in a credit union is based on something all members have in common - a geographic location or certain occupation, for example. Cornerstone members all live, work, worship or do business in a certain geographic area (see “How to become a member”).
- Because they are owned by community members, most credit unions pride themselves on community outreach and involvement. This is especially true for Cornerstone (see our News & Events to learn more).
Credit Union Lingo
|Certificates of Deposit
How to Become a Member
- Anywhere in the state of Michigan
- The following counties in Ohio:
Applying for membership
Benefits of Cornerstone Membership
TruStage Auto & Homeowners Insurance
Learn more about Cornerstone’s relationship with TruStage, or get your free quote now by visiting the TruStage site or calling 1 (855) 483-2149.
Sam's Club Membership Discount
Credit union members can now save 40% off a 1-year membership at Sam's Club. Get what you need to make staying at home easier with brands you trust, and savings you can count on, so join Sam's Club today.