Becoming a Cornerstone Member
- Unlike banks, credit unions are not-for-profit institutions that exist to serve their members (you), not to make money.
- Credit unions are owned and controlled by their members. Our board of directors is elected by our members - you get to vote.
- Profits made by credit unions are returned to our members in the form of reduced fees, lower rates on loans and higher rates on savings.
- Membership in a credit union is based on something all members have in common - a geographic location or certain occupation, for example. Cornerstone members all live, work, worship or do business in a certain geographic area (see “How to become a member”).
- Because they are owned by community members, most credit unions pride themselves on community outreach and involvement. This is especially true for Cornerstone (see our News & Events to learn more).
Credit Union Lingo
|Certificates of Deposit||Share Certificates|
How to Become a Member
- Anywhere in the state of Michigan
- The following counties in Ohio:
Applying for membership
Benefits of Cornerstone Membership
TruStage Auto & Homeowners Insurance
Learn more about Cornerstone’s relationship with TruStage, or get your free quote now by visiting the TruStage site or calling 1 (855) 483-2149.
Welcome to the Future of Car Buying
We are excited to announce that Carvana has joined the Love My Credit Union Rewards family to provide credit union members a simple, affordable and convenient car buying experience.
Carvana is the fastest growing used auto retailer that allows you to:
- Browse certified inventory: low mileage, no reported accidents, and a 150-point inspection
- Shop from home 24/7: buy online with delivery or pickup available as soon as the next day
- Buy with confidence: 7-day money back guarantee, 100-day warranty
As an additional benefit of being a credit union member, you can get a $100 cash reward through Love My Credit Union Rewards when you purchase a vehicle from Carvana*.
(*) Valid only for Carvana purchases through LoveMyCreditUnion.org. See Terms & Conditions
Sam's Club Membership Discount
Credit union members can now save 40% off a 1-year membership at Sam's Club. Get what you need to make staying at home easier with brands you trust, and savings you can count on, so join Sam's Club today.