CORE Youth Accounts
Teaching children about money management can be a valuable lesson that will help them make smart financial decisions throughout their lives. By learning about budgeting, saving, and investing at a young age, children can avoid common financial pitfalls like debt and overspending.
Receive $25* with a new CORE Youth Account
*Offer subject to change at any time. The $25 cash deposit will be deposited into the CORE Youth Account as a dividend payment within 30 days of account opening. Account must be in good standing (no negative balance) to receive match. One account per SSN. $10 deposit required for membership. A 1099-INT will be issued for dividend bonus payment.
- Birthday Gifts: CORE Kids receive a gift in the mail during their birthday month.
- Savings Punch Card: Every deposit earns a punch, every 10th punch earns a reward, up to 3x per year.
- Good Grade Rewards: Get an A or B on a report card? CORE members can bring in their report cards to any CCF branch to receive two (2) entries for A's and one (1) entry for B's.
- Zogo: Get paid to get your financial learn on - with Zogo! This mobile app makes financial education engaging and entertaining.
- Coin Counting: If they save ‘em, we’ll count ‘em. Automatic coin-counting machines are available at every branch.
- Free mobile banking with the Cornerstone app
- CORE Reward Checking: Starting at age 13, teens can learn to use a debit card, pay bills and manage funds while earning 2.02% APY* (up to $25 per month) on their deposits. All with no minimum balance or monthly fees.
- As a joint account holder, parents/guardians are able to see everything that goes on in the account, as well as set age-appropriate limits on spending and withdrawals.
Youth High-Yield Savings Account (HYSA)
- Available for members 0-17 years old
- Earn 3.15% APY* on balances up to $1,000
- Balance transfers to the Young Adult High-Yield Savings Account at age 18
1: APY is Annual Percentage Rate. Available to members ages 0-17. Standard APY of .05% applies to the balance in excess of $1,000. Rates subject to change and are accurate as of 7/1/2023. Account will convert to a CORE Young Adult High-Yield Savings Account at age 18. Fees could reduce earnings on the account.