When Banking Online...
- Set up eAlerts on CCF's Online Banking.
- Use CCF's Mobile Money app on secured wireless (don't use a cafe or hotel wireless when banking via app or online).
- Vary your login IDs and passwords, use complex passwords or phrases that do not relate to your life (no names of pets, kids, spouse).
- Change login IDs frequently (every month or every quarter).
- Only download banking apps from trusted sources like your app store, not from social media or ad links.
- When buying online, utilize e-commerce solutions, such as Visa Checkout or PayPal.
- Never purchase online—or by phone—from a retailer you don’t recognize.
- Never click on a link embedded in an unsolicited email or pop up.
- Because fraud always thrives in an unprotected ecosystem, keep antivirus and anti-malware software up-to-date.
When Using an ATM...
- Use ATM machines in a safe, secure and well-lit area—and to pay close attention to your surroundings while there.
- Whenever a store credit card machine or ATM makes a member feel uneasy, it is always best to seek out an alternative to avoid risky situations.
- Look for loose parts on an ATM card reader to recognize an ATM skimmer. If you find a skimmer, contact your police department's non-emergency number so they can check it out.